BMW Car IT GmbH lives and breathes software. As a fully-owned subsidiary of BMW AG we are a cornerstone in the company´s software development landscape. One of our many areas of activity is the development of BMW”s next-generation Linux-based infotainment head unit systems: a hyper-connected multimedia information and entertainment hub in the car.
As a Build and Release Engineer (f/m) you will work on scripting, automation, and orchestration of multi-stage build and release processes within a large-scale continuous integration environment. You have a holistic understanding of the overall build and release story, as well as in-depth understanding of specific build-related technologies. Troubleshooting problems and frequent interaction with both development teams and release managers are also an integral part of your activities.
Qualifications and experience
– Successfully completed degree in Computer Science or similar field of study.
– Strong knowledge of building software on Linux systems.
– Proficient with modern version control systems (e.g. git) and scripting on Linux systems.
– Experience in Linux distro assembly or large-scale system integration in a CI environment is a plus.
– Ability to troubleshoot problems in a complex environment.
– Excellent teamwork and communication skills.